Sunday, 13 August 2017

Out for a walk in the woods

Well it's Sunday the day after my birthday, sigh... I was up later than I wanted because of Mr. Jamison and his demon brew but but that's fine. Nothing in life is free and last night's fun was something that had to be paid for. My game plan for today was to venture over to a small local airfield and look at antique airplanes, cars, motorcycles etc. but with my late start I figured the parking would be atrocious so I bailed. 

I sat around and looked at the personal confuser then said to hell with it and went over to Scout Valley for a stroll. 

Scout Valley trail head
When I got to the trail head there was nobody there. After grabbing my water, ash walking stick and orienting myself I was off along the nearest trail. It didn't take tool long before I was surrounded by the quiet of the woods. 

The start of the trail

It's a nice feeling to be wrapped up in that quiet of the woods but that was not to last. After around ten minutes I had that "you are being followed? feeling. Sure enough there was a small group hiking up from behind me. I stopped and let them pass because I don't like folks hounding my backside. Pleasantries done they were on their way. 

Fellow travelers

I kept waking for another hour or so then it was time to head back to my ride. I would have stayed out longer but the mosquitoes had found me and I was being eaten alive.

Back at the trail head where this whole thing began

I returned to the trail head where I met two nice ladies who were totally lost. They were looking for the other entrance to Scout Valley. We chatted for a minute or so and I gave them directions. Just as I was going to walk away I noticed a posted area map with all the information they needed. I pointed this out to the ladies then bid them farewell and left. After stopping off in town  for a few items I was asked to retrieve I headed for home. 

Tomorrow is another day, a day where I want to finish the SKS project and move on to the next item on the to-do list. That next item will be the completion of the  new/old trailer. I would like to have that done and delivered by this weekend. 

Bye-bye until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment