Saturday, 12 August 2017

Happy anniversary to me!

Today is my anniversary, it is the thirty third anniversary of my thirtieth birthday. I don't like to think of them as birthdays any more because birthdays are just another signpost on the way to the grave. This morning I was up and at 'em around eight thirty. I tiptoed around fixing my breakfast and generally getting ready for the day. I didn't want to wake my beloved because that would not be a nice thing to do.


Ah the day...

The first shock of the morning was getting a phone call from my eldest brother N. I guess time has softened me because I didn't imminently hangup. We even chatted for a few minutes very pleasantly for a fact. This was a strange experience for me because I'm not really a big fan of brother N. To say he had an effect on my growing up would be an understatement. Well I'm going to end this line of thought before I get too carried away.

Just after I got off the phone with N my sister-in-law L from La Belle Province called. It was nice talking with her even though her English isn't that good. I feel sorry for her now that my big brother L has passed on. But like the rest of us she manages to carry on.

I have to admit that over the past few days as this anniversary has approached I've been in a little bit of a funk. As I wrote above today is just a marker on the path to the grave and as I look back I see more mistakes then I care to acknowledge. That's the problem with life, it's just one big learning curve and by the time you are comfortable with the way things are you're too old to do a lot.

As for me there are things to do, mistakes to make and places yet to see. That's it for now, if something comes up you know I'll post about it.

Bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Putting on the miles

Been doing a lot of running around that I really can't write about because it involves Christmas shopping. Yesterday my lovely wife a...