Monday, 3 July 2017

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am

This morning around six thirty my body decided that I should be awake. Never minds that I was in bed after midnight. Never mind that I was up a couple of times to vent my bladder, my body decided that it was time.  

My wife was up then and thought it was her fault I was up. I quickly corrected that course of thought as I did my thing in the washroom. What we had here was a failure to communicate between brain and body, nothing more or less. The main issue was the pain meds had worn off and things hurt. 

Up and clean I went down stairs and got the trash to the curb then it was time for a cup of the elixir of life and some sustenance.  Today will be a quiet day for me as I have no intention to exert myself. This afternoon I'm off to the Doctor's office to get that accursed stent out. The game plan after that is to get home and have a, oh so desperately needed shower.

Time passes...

Around one thirty I went in to see the Doc and to get rid of my little friend. When I arrived I found a waiting room just full of folks waiting to see him. At two in walks the Doctor. As it turned out he forgot that he was working today. After a very short wait I was ushered in to "the back room" where the Doc was. We had a quick chat and then he rid me of the stent. There was no drama it was simply wham, bam, thank you ma'am and it was done. I shook the man's hand thanked him and made a hasty egress.

I'm home now and all is right in my little world. Tomorrow I'm going to get some much needed work done around here but until then it's time to relax. So until the morrow bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment