Tuesday, 27 June 2017

The flyboys are in town

Today was a quiet day after a restless night. I managed to get some work done in the basement but I wasn't pushing it. It seemed that every time I bent over to pick something up or move something my little kidney stone friends would poke me with their very sharp pointed sticks. Well my little friend's days are numbered. This time tomorrow I should be without the kidney stones. 

Snowbirds on the flight line
CF-18 Hornet solo aircraft
This evening after a supper of pulled pork sandwiches I convinced my wife that we should go out for a coffee. We drove down to the puddle jumper airport where there's this nice little restaurant and grabbed a couple of cups of java. While we were there I took a few pics of our national aerobatic team the Snowbirds and the solo demonstration CF-18. These guys will be preforming over the waterfront of the semi big city tomorrow while I recover from my laser experience. While I'm a little bummed out about not being able to see the show, I would rather the pain of staying home verses the pain of seeing these guys in action and still having the kidney stones. 

Snowbird lead
While we were sitting having our coffee I noticed a truck parked near the flight line. It was an MP pickup truck. As I was watching a Meathead got out, looked around and went for a quick stroll. Made me laugh, call the guy what ever you want from cop to Military Police or whatever he was doing the job of a eleven dollar an hour rent-a-cop. His bosses couldn't even see to give him a comfortable vehicle, just an old pickup. I wonder what he did to piss them off.

Well that's about all from me for now. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I may or may not post anything. Bye for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment