Wednesday, 28 June 2017

The deed's been done

This morning started like many others with my being awake and reading while my wife was in the washroom. The phone chirped and I grabbed it. It was my Doctors office calling about today's appointment. My first thought was that it wasn't going to happen but it turned out I was wrong, the time had been moved from one PM to eleven AM. I thanked the lady and told my wife, then it was time to make myself a little more human. 

We left for the hospital at ten thirty for the ten minute ride When we reached the highway it was stopped so plan B came into play. After a few minutes on a secondary it to became stopped so it was on to plan C. One thing that was constant, every red light we came to was red and every car or truck that was out there was doing less than the speed limit. We did make the hospital but we were late by a few minutes. The short ten minute drive took thirty five. 

Of course when I went in I went to the out patient area where I thought I was supposed to be. It turned out that after standing in line I was directed to the right location but I had made it so all was good. 

I quickly went through the in routine and presented my health card to the receptionist and was told it was not being recognised and I needed a new one. The interim measure was that they would let me take the procedure and i would go get a new health card then call them with the information. 

I finished getting pocked and prodded then it was off to the OR. Next thing I knew I was in recovery. The nurse welcomed me back to the land of the living and showed me the fragments they had taken out of my system. 

While I do have to make one more visit this should be it for the kidney stone shards. As for the rest of the day I'm going to take it easy and let the meds wear off. So until the morrow, bye-bye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment