Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Once more unto the breach

I was up at a respectable hour today and after some nourishment and a cup of java I was hard at work on the deck. I managed to finish two sides including the railings in about an hour and a bit the I came in for a break. 

Back deck, done.

After some water I went outside and prepared to do battle again yet again. I got the power washer humming, hit the nozzle trigger and... nothing. I was a good boy and didn't start cursing the Chinese hunk of crap I simply figured that there was an obstruction in the nozzle. Under the deck I went and I turned off the water. Then, with my wife's help I took off the nozzle and went to the other hose which was still on and commenced to back flushing. My assistant, AKA my wife, somehow managed not to get wet at all and I only had a bit of water on me. 

A little friend, Mr. Frog, hiding
under the deck.
As it turns out the issue wasn't a blockage, it was a faulty nozzle. The options are to go get a replacement or simply mop the deck. Since I don't want to be at this all day I'm going to resort to plan B, mopping. 

Lucky for me the front deck is shielded from the sun and doesn't need too much work. As for the kitchen side... it is what it is. 

Last one to do
After I put this puppy to bed as it were I will be heading out to move all the obstacles out of the way and mop the front and kitchen side decks. It shouldn't take too long but there's a lot of items to move.  

That about raps it up for me. So until tomorrow bye-bye.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment