Wednesday, 10 May 2017

One out of two ain't bad

Yesterday was one of those days your mom warned you about. It started off nice and clear then mid afternoon it became overcast and it morphed into threatening. Only one of the two planned projects got done, I modified the front trailer jack. Since I'm a retired guy why hates working in the rain I packed it in before the showers could start which, of course, they never did. Have I mentioned how I hate the weathertainers because they're too right to ignore and too wrong to be believed?

All ready for the
cutting
Skid plate attached
The modification of the front jack went pretty much according to plan. All I did was take it off the front of the trailer and use a sazall to cut off the metal where the wheel was mounted. I left enough of the metal to drill a hole for the bolt to hold on the skid plate. When that was done I drilled a pair of holes and mounted the skid plate. The skid plate went on with no trouble. I took the jack out to the trailer and remounted it to the frame. The little mod gives me a lot more clearance to work with which is nice.


Remounted and ready to go
Today has started out nice but I wonder how long that will last. At the very least I'm going to get the lawn cut. That will commence once this blog has been put to bed for the day. 

That's it for me, I'm off to mow de lawn so until tomorrow bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Putting on the miles

Been doing a lot of running around that I really can't write about because it involves Christmas shopping. Yesterday my lovely wife a...