Friday, 19 May 2017

My little huntress...

This morning it was a little cooler than it has been these last few days, no records to be broken today. The last couple of day saw temps in the mid eighties. Late yesterday and last night a line saw a series of thunder boomers roll through heralding a cold front. 

I was up early today because the ladies were due for their visit and being in bed for their arrival is not something I want to happen. Mind you when the alarm went off at zero dark hundred (8AM) I almost rolled over and went back to sleep. 

When I got downstairs I noticed our little huntress on the prowl. She was on her perch staring intently at the chickadee as it went into then out of it's nest. So wrapped up was the cat she didn't even jump down when I put her daily ration in her bowel. 
It's a good thing for the area wild life that my cat stays indoors, the carnage that she could visit upon the mice and bird population would be horrendous. 

Today is the birthday of one of our friends. If all goes to plan (when has that ever happened?) we will pay her a visit tonight, drink a little, laugh a lot and commensurate upon our getting older but not too much wiser. As Augustus once said "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." In these troubled times not finding oneself in the ranks of the insane is sage advice indeed and so far we happy few have been managing to do just that. 

Well that's it for today. Seeing as this is Friday there will be no posts for the next two days unless something serious takes place. Bye for now and have a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Putting on the miles

Been doing a lot of running around that I really can't write about because it involves Christmas shopping. Yesterday my lovely wife a...