Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Blackflys

I thought I would get caught up on a few small projects today and I managed to knock two of them off. The first one involved the trailer. I know, but I can't help but tinker with it because it's fun. 

Anyway

The other day when I took the load of compost over to my friend S's place I had to retract the front jack because of the slope of her driveway. Had I not done this the odds were in favor of the base of the jack hitting the pavement which, while moving, is not a good thing. I found that I could almost swivel the jack into a horizontal position. I figured by moving the jack a couple of inches it would it would totally swivel. So today I went out to do just that and, by gum, it actually worked a lot better than I thought it would. While it doesn't totally swivel to the horizontal it's damn close and much better than it was. 

Then I went inside to hide from the blackflys for a bit and have lunch. After lunch I went out and took a look at the railing where it needs to be fixed. I have the lumber and all the other assorted things needed but I decided to put it off for now. 

The piece of railing that needs attention

The weathertainers had given the a kiss of death to the day by prognosticating that it would be a sun/cloud mix with a very tiny chance of rain. As I stood looking at the railing the rain started, so I went inside to find a little respite from the wet and the blackflys. 

After a few minutes I went out again onto the back deck and cut up the two boxes the patio loveseats came in. Oh boy that task was a little grinding on the back and the kidney. It only took around ten minutes or so but during that time I got around seven or eight, you guessed it, blackfly bites. 

All this from two (2) boxes

Who knew the amount of thick heavy cardboard that goes into packing a loveseat? Well now that the cardboard is all cut up comes the big question, what the heck am I going to do with it? The options are cut it up into smaller chunks, tie it up and put it on the curb with the rest of the recyclables. Or, I could toss it in the truck and take it to the dump for recycling. Or, I could just cut it up into smaller pieces and burn it. Ah, decisions... decisions...  Well for now I'm postponing the decision, I'm just going to sit here at the personal confuser and try not to scratch the itchy bites those little bastards blackflys have made.

That's it from me for today. See you on the morrow, bye-bye. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Putting on the miles

Been doing a lot of running around that I really can't write about because it involves Christmas shopping. Yesterday my lovely wife a...