Friday, 14 April 2017

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

I was up this morning to a nice sunny and, believe it or not, warm day. Last night wasn't as bad as I thought it would be thanks to the pain killers that were prescribed. Ah better living through better chemistry. This morning I really wasn't feeling that bad so after taking in some sustenance and a cup of the elixir of life aka coffee I started on a project.  

Since I got the big utility trailer, I haven't liked the placement of the front retractable wheel jack. The wheel jack retracts and pivots up out of the way when not in use. To pivot the jack had to be mounted on one of the side struts leading to the center beam of the tongue. This meant it was off center and weak, but it would pivot up. The other issue with the jack was that if mounted on the center beam of the tongue it was too long to pivot up. Add to this with the wheel on the jack there would be zero ground clearance when fully retracted. The jack would not be able to pivot out of the way and the wheel was way to big.  After a bit of skull sweat on this problem I picked up a pair of pads that would replace a wheel and I've been awaiting for some good weather to do the install. With the warmth and sun I decided that today was the day. 

I replaced the wheel on the big utility trailer with the pad and moved the jack to the middle like I wanted. Then bolted it all back together. To say it was easy was an understatement, the only issue was the pain from the left kidney. I came in at one point for a washroom visit and all looked fine so I went back out and kept on going. 

Once that was done I went out to the back with the second jack foot I had and installed it on the new/old trailer. This install was a little more complicated, the hole that was in the unit was to small for the bolt so after a quick bit of work with the drill this issue was solved. It was a good thing too because the kidney stone was making it's prescience known.

I know, pain is just weakness leaving the body. Well all I have to say is that I must be pretty weak. 😁  Kidding aside, it ain't that bad. 

Well that's enough for now. Blogging resumes on Monday when I will actually have something to blog about. For now Happy Easter you you all and enjoy the chocolate responsibly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment