Saturday, 4 February 2017

The tale of the furnace part 1

This morning I was dragged from my slumber by my wife who said one of those things that every guy lives to hear in the middle of winter, "honey the furnace will not come on." My lovely wife knows not to rouse me unless it's serious so I asked her what was going on. She told me that she tried to get some furnace action by turning it off and on again. Next she removed and reinstalled the filter and when that didn't work she came to see me. I then went and redid what she had done then I fiddled with the thermostat and still zip. Since I was at the end of my expertise and we still had no heat my wife called the heating place and they dispatched a guy. 

This is the time I dread. The fireplace is on and heating (always have a plan B) as we await the service guy. The two things I dread are the length of time it takes service guy to get out here and being made the fool by the furnace. There have been times when the furnace refused to come on and I've dome my part and still nothing. The call made and sure enough the furnace resumed it's work. Then the furnace guy shows up and there I am looking like a rube. 

Well I've had my first coffee of the day so I have to get my butt in gear. We got a bucket of snow last night and I would hate to have the service guy get stuck in the drive way so I'm off to snow blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment