Saturday, 18 February 2017

Returning to normal...

Ah it's Saturday... and what a Saturday it is. Thursday was a travel day for me and yesterday was a recovery day. Unfortunately for me living in close quarters in the ice hut I managed to pick up a stomach bug and by the time I had got home, cleared the driveway and put all the gear away I was a wreak. After yesterday's post I spent a good deal of the day doing one of two things, sleeping in my chair or crapping. As an old friend used to say "I could crap through the eye of a needle at twenty feet." This carried on into evening finally tapering off by my bed time. All the while I was doing the good boy thing and drinking water to flush out the lower tract as it were.    

Today is another story. It's nice, it's sunny and there are warm temps outside. Add to this I feel human again. Right now it's 1 degree C outside and the high for today is supposed to reach 8 degrees C. Now take into account that today is the 18th of February and these temps are nuts. personally I don't really care. I've had my fill of winter so this sun on my face feels good. It's actually warm enough that I'm planning on going outside and sit in a chair and suck up some vitamin D.

Tonight the game plan is to meet our friend S at this nice little rustic pizza place in town. The place makes the best thin crust Neapolitan style pizza around. They use a big wood fired oven at nine hundred degrees to cook with and boy the results are simply wonderful. 

That it for today from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment