Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Justin's lips were moving so he must have been telling a lie

Today's post is going to be a short one for various reasons. I have stuff to get done like putting the basement back together. Then there's the basement, I've got to get things under way for the ice fishing trip. This means inventories to check and gear to drag out and inspect. So for the rest of the day I will be pretty much doing my thing in the basement. 

The other reason the post will be short is that right now, right this instant I'm angry. I'm angry at the Federal Liberals, I'm angry are the 38% of Canadians who elected them including some friends. The reason I'm angry is once again finding out how little those in positions of power can be trusted. 

Our Prime Minster,
The Golden One
I'm angry over two things. First a few weeks ago it came to light that the Liberals were considering taxing health and dental plans. Of course when pressed about this the Golden One stood up in parliament and, with a lot of hemming and hawing, said it was off the table. Well yesterday when pressed to a vote of course he reversed himself (see vote at 15:12) and it's back on the table. As for me this little tax, if implemented, will cost around $2,000 plus a year and that's Money I don't have. When my wife and I retired we took a combined pay cut of around 60% and now we have this sword hanging over our heads so I am not happy. 

The second reason I'm angry is that after promising to lower the retirement age from 67 where the Conservatives had raised it, back to 65 now they are saying oops. So the latest game plan is to look at raising the retirement age back to 67. So once again we see the old saw was spot on: How can you tell when a politician is telling a lie? His lips are moving.

And with this I can now turn my rant mode off and go get some work done. That's enough from up here north of disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment