Wednesday, 22 February 2017

Gray day

I was awake early this morning because I went to bed early last night. When I stretched my legs out from under the blankets and looked outside, I gazed upon a gray landscape. The fog was thick enough to actually obscure some of the homes belonging to the neighbors.  

Breakfast out of the way I began to peruse the web for any interesting tidbits of information until my wife went out to an appointment. After she left I dragged out the vacuum sealer and went to work on some meat. While she was out yesterday my lovely, smart wife visited a big grocery store for some provisions. One of the things she does is look for sales on meat and yesterday she picked up some ground beef club packs at a very reasonable discount. 

Cutting & sealing bags
Vacuum packing meat
After she left I took the eight pounds of ground beef and parceled it into eight one pound slabs. When that was done I made eight bags to hold the meat then, after dating and describing the contents, I filled the bags, vacuum sealed them and stored them in the big freezer for later consumption. 

Boy things have changed around here, while we are not hard up for cash we now take full advantage of sales and buying in bulk. I guess you could say that we would rather be food rich then money rich. After all, it's really hard on the digestive tract when you eat a hundred dollar bill.

Final product, meat for eight meals

I know it's been a while but here are a few links that caught my eye. 

It looks like the law of unintended consequences is going to kick Mr Trump right in the "I will bring jobs back to America" to the tune of a few billion in lost food exports

I have said it before and I will say it again, Quebec cops are no better than their third world counterparts.

When you go traveling to poor countries it is always best to keep a low profile instead of flaunting you wealth as these two found out.  

Here's another reason to fly direct if you are traveling over American Territory. Remember if you land in the not so United States you are subject to their rules.  

Speaking of traveling, it looks like NASA has found a cool destination for humans to go to if and when a means of FTL travel is invented. 

Once again the Ontario Liberal government has taken taxpayers money and flushed it down the toilet. The next Ontario election cannot come soon enough. 

Next time your boss tells you just how important his function is have him look at this story.

While at first look this appears to be a good thing for people with PTSD, I wonder how long it will be before memories are not only erased but replaced and who will control the process.

Looks like the refugees in Sweden don't like being held accountable to the law. Now it the Swedes had this guy to look after the bad guys.

Meanwhile in Germany there is a move afoot to expedite the process of getting rid or refugees. 

That's a rap from up here North of Disorder.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment