Saturday, 28 January 2017

Yippee it's Saturday

Last night when I hit the sack I was over tired. I figured that since I grabbed that two hour nap yesterday I'd have to stay awake a little longer to compensate. The theory was sound but the execution was flawed. It took a while before I entered the Land of Nod. Then there were the usual disturbances of wife coming to bed late and cat coming to bed later and wanting to play. Knowing these hurdles were ahead I didn't bother to set the alarm clock.

When I got up this morning it was the crack of ten. I looked at the honey-do list and much to my surprise there is only two things that I need to get done. I have to get off my butt and deal with the snow that came down all last night and I have to search for my Tilley Hat. I know that it's around somewhere and it's important I find it. You see inside the Tilley Hat there is a little pocket where a guy can stash things. In my case inside that little hidden pocket is my boaters card, which I don't need now and my fishing license which I do. Meh, not to worry I have time. I just don't want to get into the last minute panic and have to start ripping through things to fine it. 

Just a pretty puppy picture...
Since it's Saturday one of our friends has suggested dinner out tonight so a little later I will get rid of the seven days of facial hair on my ugly old puss and try to look more like the fine upstanding person I am than a homeless man. Not sure where we are going but I'm looking forward to it. We do need to get out more but it appears we have entered the hermit zone. Oh well spring is right around the corner and coming soon

Today's links

Have you ever been so mad at another person's parking skills that you accidentally stabbed yourself while trying to slash the other guys tires? 

And yet another "sport" is under the microscope for the possibility of participants using performance enhancing drugs.  

Looks like the era of state controlled media may be coming to Canada.

With all the bad and worse news I see day in and day out there are times when I feel like applying for a job like this

I saw this little article earlier and it reinforced the fact that when you take into account the average intelligence of the population, then 49% of the people you meet will be of lower than average intelligence.

It may take a while but you can't hide the fact that your sheep is really a dog from the law forever. 

At least there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel in Alberta. Now all they have to do is work out the details.

An interesting take on El Presidente Trump.  

Looks like the Mexicans are not the only ones who are looking over their shoulders

The last time the Liberals did a revamp like this shortly afterwords the firearms registry was brought in. A failed program that cost several billion dollars before the feds gave it up as a huge money pit that did nothing for safety. 

Things are still looking grim down east because of that ice storm. This is why you should always have a plan B, you never know how long it will be before things return to normal. 

That's it for me from up here North of Disorder.



No comments:

Post a Comment