Friday, 27 January 2017

The winter doldrums

This morning after a very much interrupted night I was up early because the ladies were coming by. The usual coffee injection didn't seem to help at all. Dragging my butt didn't even begin to describe the way I was feeling. After the ladies left I went for a nap... Two hours later here I am at the personal confuser, whining.

My future coffee table
While the ladies were doing their thing and I was downstairs hiding in the den I noticed the old suitcase. The old suitcase was once owned by my late Father-in-law. It's an old nineteen fifties vintage thing that's in relatively good condition and now it just sits in my den collecting dust. It's too big to use when traveling but I just don't want to let it go, it reminds me too much of my Father-in-law who I still miss very much. While I was looking at it an idea came to mind, I'm going to repurpose the old suitcase into a coffee table and as a place to store all the board games we have. 

I just can't wait until the weather is nice enough to let me get some work done outdoors in the workshop. The big issue now is the size of the work area. At 8' by 12' There's really not a lot of room when all the paraphernalia are taken into account. For the larger jobs I like to set up the saw horses outside and do the cutting their. That's a little hard to do when there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground. 

 Looking to the now as opposed to the future I see that I'm going to be using the snow blower this afternoon. Much as I really don't feel like it, the white stuff have been coming down since before I got up this morning. I guess since I haven't had the snow thrower out for a while I was getting used to the mild weather.  One other thing I found out was that due to the colder weather the guy who runs the place where we are going ice fishing has put the huts back on the ice. Now hopefully the ice will not be an issue and we will all have a good time. 

The view from my side window

Looking out the front window I see that I have to go deal with the mess plow guy left a little while ago so I have to run. That's all for now from up here North of Disorder.  


No comments:

Post a Comment