Tuesday, 3 January 2017

One of those days...

This morning when I was kicked out of the land of nod and reentered the world of the living it was to a world of grey skies and rain. Rain? It's the 3rd of January for Pete's sake. My wife and I went into town and picked up some supplies and while we were there we grabbed some brunch and visited the pharmacy to let then know about my new plan number.

Of the stops we made the first was to the pharmacy because my wife needed a refill. Then it was brunch and back to the pharmacy to try and pick up the medications. Once at the pharmacy we were told "sorry the new provider was not excepting the information with regard to my wife's first name." There was not a desperate need for the medications so we left and went to the market and picked up some supplies. 

When I got home I phoned the insurance provider and explained the situation. I was told by a way too cheerful young lady that I would have to contact my former employer and get them to submit a change request. Arrggg... So I fired of an email to the payroll supervisor who, sometime in the near future, will get around to making the correction. Hopefully this will take place before my wife's medications run out otherwise it will be plan B, cash.

To calm down I went outside in the rain and used the snow (slush) blower to clean up the mess at the end of the driveway. Then I cleaned out the parking space for my wife's truck, parked the truck an went inside.

Next on the hit parade was banking of the on line verity. To say I made a series of blunders while doing this is to be charitable. In the end I managed to get things sorted out and I sent my investment guru an email of apology for my being a bone head. Now I'm just sitting here at my personal confuser licking my wounded ego. There are days when I feel I'm just too stupid to live and today is one of them. On the plus side no serious damage was done and I did win two bucks on the lottery so it's not all doom and gloom.

Now I'm going to quit while I'm ahead so that's all from me up here North of Disorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment