Thursday, 5 January 2017

Just another day in cottage country....

I was up later than normal today because of sleep issues. On the plus side since I am retired there really was no problem with this. Last night we got around 5 or 6 inches of the white stuff and, of course, plow guy tries to use the snow/ice as a barrier at the end of the driveway. I wasn't too concerned about the pile, figuring I would deal with it later this afternoon. Then my lovely wife says "I'm going to an appointment in 20 minutes." 

Game on... 

I got into the gear (parka, big scarf, toque, heavy gloves, big winter boots and ski goggles) and I was out the door. The Toro flashed up with no issues and I got the driveway squared away with a few minutes to spare. 

In a few hours the sun will take cover behind the heavy overcast that's headed our way. Once again I will have the wonderful pleasure of watching the snow fall knowing that unless it's an emergency I don't have to go out in it. Can't say the same for my bro-in-law S who lives north of where I am. He's dealing with a foot and a half from last night and is looking forward to another foot or so tonight.

Here are a few links with commentary of course. 

Once again it turns out that Mark Twain was right when he said there are only three types of lies. There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

I suspect that all Mariah Carey wants to do now is have the world forget about her New Year's Eve Disaster. Well as long as guys like Stephen Colbert are around, it ain't going to happen.  

On the 23 of December 2016 the mandarins in Ottawa chose to release this document. The document is about the long-term economic and fiscal projections for Canada in the coming years. I can sum up the contents in two words, we're screwed. I'm not surprised at the timing because this piece of paperwork is damning to the political agenda.

Meanwhile out west in Vancouver, the BC government got it's wish and year over year the housing market is down. Home sales have dropped by 39%. Toronto, on the other hand is flying. Seeing what's going on out west, I wonder how long that's going to last. 

Here is a case of life imitating art. Back in 2000 a movie called "Dude, where's my car" hit the big screen. It was about a guy who can't find his car after a party.  Well not to be out done here is a story about a guy who parked his friend's BMW, goes to a party then can't find the car. Six months later the BMW was found in the spot where it was parked. The bill for parking was around 5,000 pounds.

Well that's it for me from up here North of Disorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment