Tuesday, 24 January 2017

Ice fishing may not be what it's cracked up to be...

When ice huts are going to be on the
ice, this is not a good thing.
Another grey overcast day, ho hum... The weather is still way to mild for this time of year and that's a little disturbing. I found out yesterday via the magic of email (hey I'm old, everything electronic is magic to me) that the ice hut operator of the place where we are supposed to go fishing has pulled the huts off the lake. Considering the loss of revenue for him, to pull the huts means it really isn't safe because of the conditions. While I'm not happy about this the alternative of sleeping with the fishes in their habitat isn't something I am inclined to favor.

Well the ice fishing trip is something to worry about in a few weeks. As for today I'm going to hitch a ride with my lovely wife to the semi big city. When she is safely ensconced at the place where she needs to be I'm planning to head over to Princess Auto to pick up a few things. As a man I like this store because it's a man's store full of manly stuff. While there are a few things I actually want I enjoy the simply pleasure of walking the aisles looking at stuff meant for my gender. 

Today's links

News of an oil spill that took place a few days ago out west has surfaced. Of the two hundred thousand liters spilled roughly one hundred and seventy have been recovered. I guess it could have been a lot worse

It looks like the Trump administration has taken a page from the Hugo Chávez play book about dealing with the press

I understand that the Department of Fisheries and Oceans has a job to do but targeting a child in a sting is a little much. 

Looks like another step in partially getting Canada out from under the American elephant has been made in Europe and this is a good thing.

Looks like the Americans are thinking about leaving the United nations. At first I thought this was a classic false news story until I started checking the links. I wonder if this will turn out the same as when the Americans declined to join the League of Nations. Without the Americans the League of Nations failed in it's primary task of preventing war with the end result being WW2.

One last thing to think about... What do these guys know that the rest of us don't?

That the end of today's meandering from up here, North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment