Monday, 16 January 2017

Curtain of Death

Cover art shamelessly stolen
from Amazon.ca
Yesterday was a nice peaceful time that started with my getting up late. When I say late I mean even later than normal, sometime way after 11 to be exact. Even with getting up as late as that I had only managed to get around 5 hours of sleep. I know you are asking yourself what's up with that old night owl?  Well the blame squarely falls on the shoulders of one W. E. B. Griffin

A few days ago I started to read the third book in his Clandestine Operations Series, Curtain of Death. This series takes place at the end of the second world war, at the very beginning of the CIA. It was around midnight when I found myself wide awake with only two hundred or so pages to go so I thought the hell with it and plowed on. I finished the last page at sixteen minutes to four then, of course, I had to lay there a while until my brain shut off and I could go to sleep. 

Yesterday getting up as late as I did plus being as lethargic as I was, very little got done. The only thing of note was getting some info on the up coming ice fishing adventure. Jeez getting that info was like pulling teeth. I had forgotten to write down the dates of the trip so I sent an email to friend F who replies with a non reply. Then I texted my bro W who says I should already know and "who are you anyway?". So I established my bonafides, gave him a lame story (admit I screwed up? I don't think so.) and he gave me the information. Now the only thing on my mind about the trip is the inevitable unintended consequences. One thing I learned a long time ago is if toy want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans.  Oh well, we shall overcome.

Today's Links
Looks like the snitch line Crime Stoppers may be dealt a serious blow. Just remember kids, if you're gonna snitch there could be repercussions and if you are not willing to face then then don't snitch.

Not only is Big Brother watching you it looks like Little Brother is all set to get in on the action

Looks like Little Trump wants Canada to take another step towards having the best government money can buy

Adding these three things together: minding your own business, plus trying to get into your own car, plus being black,  yep that's a beating and an arrest

 Seeing things like this and this makes me wonder what's coming next. Time to go get the tinfoil hat and think about this.

Since I already have my tinfoil hat on I can say that this doesn't surprise me at all.

If it had not been for the fact I know how they train their animals (how do you get an elephant to kneel? With backhoes.) I would have been sorry to see these guys go. As I have said before, if you want to go see animals live without the expense of flying to the far coroners of the world, visit here.  

That's all I got for now from up here North of Disorder.    


No comments:

Post a Comment