Thursday, 15 December 2016

Snow day

There is an old saying: if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. Well the plan the Big Guy overheard was for my wife to go to the semi big city for some stuff and I was going to go into the small town and pick up wrapping paper. Well that ain't gonna happen thanks to the Big Guy's sense of ha ha. 

Last night around midnight the big fat fluffy flakes began and while the flakes have gotten smaller, the snow hasn't let up. When I crawled out a couple of hours ago and looked outside, there was the better part of a foot on the ground. The first thing I noticed was that I could not see across the street. The original game plan has evolved into staying inside, sipping hot coffee and staying warm. 

The weathertainers have been issuing their doom and gloom end of the world warnings about the amount of snow we are going to get. It looks like the snow ain't going to let up any time soon. If the weathertainers are to be believed the snow will let up in a day or so.

At some time in the not to distant future I'll be donning all the winter paraphernalia and going outside to snow-blow the driveway. I can't say I'm in a big rush to get the driveway cleared right now. The plow guy, who almost buried me the last time I was out, hasn't been by yet. Snow-blowing everything then having to go out again because the end of the driveway is buried is never productive. 

Well that's it from up here in the Great White North, north of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment