Friday, 16 December 2016

Out foxing the Plow Guy

Yesterday was one of those days that I'm sure a lot of folks would like to forget. When the fluffy frozen manna stopped falling there was around 16 inches on the ground. On the news there were many and varied accidents all over. I actually went out mid afternoon when the sun came out and cleared the driveway. Of course I was only part done when the clouds came back and the snow started again. 

Then seeing my neighbor T out there with shovel in hand, I finished my driveway and went over to his place. I  took care of the heavy stuff the plow guy left at the end of his driveway. My neighbor T is a great guy who is a couple of years older than I am. While I'm sure he could handle shoveling the heavy stuff, seeing him reminds me of a guy I knew who pushed himself shoveling a little too far and it didn't end well. So for T, I would rather use my machine than see him in a bad way. 

When I did the drive I managed to out fox the plow guy. When I started my driveway the road was deep in snow. So I cleared a path to the road then I proceeded to clear the snow from the edge of the road for around 20 feet prior to my driveway. Later when I was almost finished plow guy came by and unlike other times where I was buried, his plow left a tiny mound which was easily taken care of. I laughed as the plow guy came by.  Plow guy gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. 

Later in the evening as the snow fell I made a trip into the nearby small town for some things. One of the things we like to do every year is give some of the folks who toil day in and day out with little thanks except for a paycheque, a present. So I usually go in to the nearest Tim Horten's and pick up a few gift cards with a bit of cash on them to give out. It may not be a big thing but it shows somebody thinks the job they're doing is being done right. 

I promise to scour the world wide web on the morrow for a few links. Until then that's all for me from up here North of Disorder.






No comments:

Post a Comment