Monday, 12 December 2016

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Sloppy roads
Time to drag out the calendar and make a mark on yesterday's date, the weathertainers actually got one of their prognostication rights for a change. Yesterday as I was working on the blog the snow started falling and the end of the snowfall came around an hour ago. It wasn't an end of the world kind of snowfall, not by a long shot, but we ended up with a foot of the white fluffy stuff on the ground. 

When I crawled out this morning it was time to get ready for the world and get outside. When I got out the world was a grey and white landscape with the big fat fluffy flakes falling. I flashed up the snow blower and after forty five minutes had the driveway clear and access to the mail box done. The beast started up real easy for a change. Unlike other times in the past I decided to use the electric starter. Oh my goodness why I haven't been using the electric starter and playing with the pull start is beyond me. Looks like the work I did in the fall turned out well. 

My wife and I went into town and had lunch with one of the cousins (J) and his girl friend (L). Lots of catching was done because we haven't seen each other for a while. It's kinda cool that while we haven't seen each other for the better part of half a year, it's just like no time has passed at all. J's my golf partner in the summer months. I know, I'm sure there are big sighs from the grounds keepers when the find out we are going to play. Meh while others golf, we play golf. The big difference is that after the game we are as relaxed as when we started. With no serious expectations half the time we don't even bother keeping  score.

When lunch was done and the handshakes, hugs farewells finished we were off to do some Christmas shopping. I would regale you with the presents we picked up but since some of the family reads this blog, well... loose lips sink ships as they say. Now that we are back home the game plan is to finish decorating the tree and I will be going back out cleaning up the driveway with the snowblower. 

Not that I am a fanatic about clearing the snow I have found it's better to deal with it while it's still fresh and easy to move. I remember one year where I was outside using a large ice scraper and an axe to get the ice/snow at the end of the drive way broken up so I could use the snow thrower on. Let's just say that's an experience I would rather not repeat. 

Time to get the show on the road as it were. That's all from up here North of Disorder.


No comments:

Post a Comment