Monday, 19 December 2016

It's the little things

Last night I retired for the evening a little earlier than normal and of course my body betrayed me. I woke up this morning well before the sun chose to grace my little part of the world with it's light. I lay there quietly in the dark for a while. Finally I said the heck with it and looked at the clock, 06:17 hours. For the normal folks it was seventeen minutes past six in the morning. Almost forgot, for the security guys the big hand was between the three and the four while the little hand was just past the six. 

Anyway, it was early. I read the news on my cell and played with the fuzzball until I couldn't take it any more and got up. After breakfast I spent the morning on twitter, yes I know that makes me a twit. After lunch I went out with my wife to what passes for a mall in the nearby tiny town While around a quarter of the shops are closed up, there was still enough selection to finish our Christmas shopping. 

Then we were off to the mega huge grocery store.  Once again they had just finished reorganizing the layout. I don't know about you gentle reader but I like to find my way around and not have to beg for directions. I went to get some trail mix from the bulk area and found that it was all so shiny and new. Put a couple of pounds in a bag then went to find a tag to write the bin number on. Round and round I went thinking I was missing something. Finally I gave in and found one of the stock guys whom I asked about the tags. Like any new setup there are glitches and today's glitch was they were out of tags. So I took a pic of what I  thought was the right number and we carried on. 

Once we arrived at the cash I showed the pic to the lady at the till and of course she could not find the number in the system. I offered to pass on buying the trail mix because a line was starting to form. The lady did something very few young people do anymore, she made an executive decision. She looked at me, smiled and said the they would only throw the trail mix out so just take it and merry Christmas. I cautioned her about getting in trouble and she laughed and said it would cost them a hell of a lot more than the trail mix was worth to get rid of her. I smiled at the lady, thanked her and we left for home. 

Well that's enough from me for now. From up here North of Disorder bye-bye till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment