Saturday, 3 December 2016

A Saturday in December... Sigh...

Well here we are, the middle of the afternoon and old lazy bones me hasn't even done the daily blog entry. In my defense I will say that... oh heck, there really isn't any defense, I've been taking it easy today doing the usual surfing, causing a ruckus on twitter etc..

For a while there it looked like the weathertainers were going to be wrong and it was going to be a nice day. Now it's overcast and threatening, you know the old "if you go out I will rain rain or snow down upon your head," type of threatening.

In a little while I, along with my wonderful wife, shall venture into that dark threatening landscape. We will be off for dinner with family and friends down in the semi big city. The place they picked for this culinary extravaganza is a newer buffet. We ate there with the same crowd a while ago and the food was good. 

Tonight we celebrate the birthday of the youngest clan member. By the way when I write clan I mean the family kind, not the KKK kind, OK?  Seeing her bright shiny face, happy smile and cute as a button dimples is always a treat. It also doesn't hurt to see the rest of the gang too. Tonight will be a nice change from the ho-hum we have been living lately. 

Here are a few tidbits from around the web. 

I read this story earlier. After reading it a question came to mind. Why the hell did the Arizona Department of Economic Security need 50 handguns and 80,000 rounds of ammunition? I guess it's a good thing the guns and ammo were taken away from these guys. 

Now after several decades the father of the Green movement says sorry, just kidding.

I guess the answer for this is the CF-18 pilots will have to do more parachute training.  Once again we see how the pilots do the flying as the politicians do the lying.

As the coyote found out, one should never contract out a hit to the Acme corporation.

I simply can't understand the mindset of a politician who would advocate someone should submit to brute force when there are products that can be used in self defense.

It's been over a month since the last election but in Iceland, thanks to proportional representation, the failure to form a government stalemate goes on, and on, and on, and on...

Finally there is a little push back against the university political correct snowflakes.

Speaking of finally, I have to finally get ready for tonight's soiree so that's it from me up here North of Disorder, West of Dishonor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment