Sunday, 20 November 2016

Na Na you missed me...

I woke up this wonderful day and, remembering what the weathertainers had said in their latest end of the world prognostication, with great trepidation I peeked outside. There was a very light dusting of snow on the ground but nowhere near the predicted amount. Once downstairs I took a look at the weathertainer website to see how these harbingers of doom could have been so wrong. Looks like the snow streamers have, for the time being, missed our humble abode. 

One thing about the weathertainers, they are constant. These prognosticators are too right to be ignored and too wrong to be believed. Looking at the map one thing is for sure, my bro-in-law's place looks like it's being hammered. As for me (looking up) all I have to say is "na na you missed me. Ha!" 

On to a serious note. I'm not sure how long I will be doing this blog. While I do get great satisfaction from my daily scribbling I also post comments on some political topics. One of those areas I blog about is freedom of speech. In Canada the concept of freedom of speech, guaranteed under the Charter of Rights (Section 2.(b)), is now under attack by our millennial run government in Ottawa. Bill C-16 is an act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination. What that means in plain english is that if I post something and fail to use a gender neutral description of the person whom I'm writing about, that person could file a complaint about me. I could then face a trial and  imprisonment for hate speech. I have no wish to go to jail even if the risk is very small, so on the day this passes I will be ending this blog. 

That's it from me up here North of Disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment