Thursday, 10 November 2016

My Blog, post American election issue

Not too much going on around here. I woke up this morning and after the morning evolution into a passable form of human I checked on the world at large via the Internet. I guess I had been kinda hoping the last few days weren't real. That I would wake up from a dream like that character (Bobbie?) on Dallas where the previous season was a dream. Alas it was not to be, Trump is real enough. 
If you are wondering why the Democrats lost, it was this guy's fault.
Here are some random thoughts on what happened Tuesday evening... 

I admit when I first saw the Trump results I was filled with dread but now, not so much. Yes he is going to make things a little difficult but there is only so much he can do. While the Republicans did take the day they didn't get a huge sole crushing victory and Mr. Trump made a lot of enemies on the hill. When these two things are added together, the result means there are checks that will come into play to hole Mr. Trump back... a little. Where he can change things is in the areas when Mr. Obama ruled by executive order. ObamaCare comes to mind as something that will vanish sooner rather than later.

Internationally there are those countries who are ready to work with the new administration when they take the national tiller and there are others who will fight them tooth and nail

Then there is the impending "mass exodus" from the not so United States of America. 

“I went out to milk the cows the other day, and there was a Hollywood producer huddled in the barn,” said southern Manitoba farmer Red Greenfield, whose acreage borders North Dakota. “He was cold, exhausted and hungry, and begged me for a latte and some free-range chicken. When I said I didn’t have any, he left before I even got a chance to show him my screenplay, eh?”  (From Zero Hedge)

It will be interesting to see who follows through with the "I'm taking my ball and glove and leaving" threat. The ironic thing is if these folks run even though they will be in a foreign country, unless they renounce their citizenship they will still pay US taxes in support of the regime they ran away from. The other bit of irony here is the very country who most of these folks are thinking of running away too may net even want them.

While there are those Americans who see this as the end of the world, there are a few who see opportunity in the midst of the ashes

Sadly for all of you who thought this election ended on Tuesday night, is hasn't. The Clinton email fiasco continues and will continue for a while. Then there is the next election in four years. The ink isn't even dry and the next major contender has her head up and is looking around. 

Now having said all this I will add one link to keep it all in perspective. Remember what ever happens over the next four years, nobody is above the law.

Well that's enough political rambling for today. Tomorrow I return to regular blogging from my perch up here North of Disorder







No comments:

Post a Comment