Monday, 7 November 2016

Good luck to the citizens of the not so United States tomorrow.

Today is another nice one with temps higher than average so after this is put to bed I'm off to enjoy the outside while I can. Winter is coming and I'm not really a winter person. All the winter preps are done now all I can do is hang on for the first big dump of snow. This afternoon I have to pay a visit to the local computer shop. The wi-fi modem in my wife's personal confuser chose yesterday to die.

Yesterday I went over to S's place to help with adjusting the cover for her pool. She was under the impression it was going to be an hours worth of work. I, on the other hand, don't have any training in impressions so the work took a lot less time. With the fiddling completed i gave her some help with removing a big broken widow maker tree branch in the front yard. I got it down and she lopped it up. I figure that's a fair train since it was her tree. 

Tomorrow is election day in the not so untied states. For the first time in as long as I can remember I feel a sense of dread not only for America but for the remainder of the human race. This election has been the quintessential no win scenario. After the polls close then the fun and games will start. On the 19th of December the Electoral College will meet and vote then the looser will fight the result in court. On the 6th of January Congress will count votes and announce the results. Then those who disagree will slowly come to the conclusion it's time to fight back against a system that doesn't work. After that who knows? But from my view there will blood spilled. A good example of how this might come about can be found in a novel called Unintended Consequences by John Ross. All I have to say is that I'm glad this train wreck is almost over and I'm dreading the near future as I never have before. Good luck to the citizens of the not so United States tomorrow. I have the feeling you are going to need it.

That's enough from the cheap seats up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment