Saturday, 19 November 2016

Cocooning

Last night was a strange one. I woke up after hearing what I thought was the sound of something tapping on a window downstairs. I skinned into my bath robe and went to take a look. Nothing at the front, nothing at the sides and nothing at the back so I had a glass of water then went back to bed. I know there will be those who think I was nuts for doing this but the actual risk was very low. I went downstairs not looking for an intruder of the two legged type, rather one of the four legged kind. While the odds of an encounter are slim, we do have bears, coyotes, raccoons etc. in the area and I was thinking about driving it off if I had found one. And yes mom, I had a big ash walking stick and I know enough not to go toe to toe with a black bear.  

Green is rain and blue is snow.
Sadly a lot of blue is coming our way.
I just Looked outside. I can't help but think of the contrast between yesterday and today. Yesterday it was a sunny blue sky with a warmth that permeated through to the bones and today we have an overcast, grey misty, rainy, damp through to the bones feel. That's the swing that happened during the last twenty four hours to us around here, and it's gonna get worse. Right now the temperature is still mild being 9 degrees C (48 degrees F), within the next twelve hours it will drop to freezing and the rain will switch to snow. The weathertainers have already issued a warning about the white stuff and snow squalls. It don't bother me none, the snowblower is all ready to go, the pantry is stocked so let it rip. 

Late night we joined our friend S for dinner at a new pizza place in town. Rustica Pizza Vino was the name of the place and to say the food was good doesn't do it justice at all. The food was simply amazing. Add to the awesome food was the wine. The wine list was around a dozen pages long with selections galore. The others managed to somehow have desert after the main course but I just couldn't. I was so full that I didn't want to recreate the Monty Python scene where this guy eats a cracker and explodes. Needless to say, last night I didn't test my sugar before bed because I didn't want to bust the machine. 

Here are a few links for you...

I wonder if this union president understands the reasons her comments were wrong? The president of the American National Teachers Union has compared the election of Donald Trump to the Holocaust suffered by the Jews during the second world war.  The comparison of these two events, the rise to power of a business man to the presidency of the United States and the murder of over nine million Jews and others so trivializes the democide that the very thought is repugnant.

I bet the union went right to the wall on this and even threatened a strike. But in the end it all to no avail. No more free beer for retirees.

So you are in a bit of a pickle and need a way out... Not to worry, here's your way out and you're welcome.

This is very disappointing. Joss Whedon of Firefly fame has finally shown his true colors.

The war against free speech continues in the house of commons. I's always nice to see my tax dollars being thrown away like this. When this is passes I will look forward to the first court case and the law being tossed out on constitutional grounds as a violation of freedom of speech under section 2(b) of the charter

Well that's it for today from up here North of Disorder.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment