Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Bats in the belfry

There I was last night all curled up with a good book in a nice warm bed when my watch cat sprang into action. Using me as a spring board and utilizing her hind legs, feet and claws my sweet kitty raced to the front wall. A few seconds later after the shock and pain (claws... chest...) has subsided I went to when the cat was. Sure enough there was a faint scratching sound. My first thought was squirrels or mice but, after discussions with my wife and listening to her valid points the issue may be bats. 

This morning I went out and took a look at the roof. fore signs of forced entry. The dread being that I would have to go up there and catch whatever then patch the hole. Search as I may there didn't appear to be any access points and the roof looked solid. So for now I'm going to work on the assumption that the issue is bats and I will leave them be until the spring when the become active. Then I will take a page from my brother W, catch the little bast*rds and relocate them. 

I don't blame the little bast*rds for trying to stay warm. It snowed yesterday and last night it was well below zero on the Celsius scale. For the next few months, until the Earth's rotation brings us to spring time warmth, I just hope they don't cause to many issues. Otherwise I will have to deal with them and I don't think they will like it. 

Here are a few links to think about. 

Looks like our boy in Ottawa has taken a page from the Clinton Foundation book.  

Meanwhile the folks in the house of sober second thought are trying to give M.r Trudeau heartburn.

After a decade of war in Afghanistan, 149 Canadians killed and billions spent we have this to look at.

So you want to get in shape by running and have been looking at some pricey running shoes. Well about the top end runners you have been looking at...   

In LA you go to Chipotle's for the MexTex food in big portions. Why else would you eat there?  Sadly you were programmed as a child by your mom not to walk away from food on your plate. The amount of food verses finishing your meal... what do you do, what do you do? 

It's sunny outside so I'm going to wrap this up for today. So from up here North of Disorder and west of Dishonor I bid you good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment