Monday, 7 November 2016

A stroll off the hard surface

It was a lovely afternoon for a walk in the woods. The air was crisp and clean, the people (with and without dogs) on the trail were friendly. I was out and about for the better part of a couple of hours in the afternoon and for a brief time all was right with the world.




After leaving the truck in the lot I walked up the trail to the point where trail meets woods or as they say in the movies "don't go in there" but being me, I went in anyway

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But the day was nice and the woods were inviting so I entered. Once on to the wooded part of the trail I stumbled upon a stream. Some kind soul had installed a bench there so I took five and relaxed for a bit. 
 
 





 

Note to self: next time you decide to go off the trail bring a walking stick, a compass and wear boots. 

Just after I took this photo, I noticed that I didn't have a clue about where I was. Not to worry, with the sun and my analog wristwatch it was easy enough to figure out which direction I had to go. 





 
 A short time later I managed to regain the blazed trail and started heading for my truck in the parking lot. It was a case of being out of the nowhere and into the here. Once I get back to the truck I was off for home after my long stroll.  


That's all from up here North of Disorder...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment