Tuesday, 11 October 2016

The post Thanksgiving let down

Thanksgiving is over and done with for another year.  For the next few days we will be living on leftovers since, once again, everybody brought something to add to the meal so it was a feast. The children played, the adults chatted, catching up with all the goings on, and a good time was had by all. 
Fall has arrived

One of the nicest surprises of the day was the arrival of two old and good friends we haven't seen in a while G and his wife W arrived on their motorcycle in the afternoon. I fed him a beer because, well... beer and I made tea for her. Yesterday was chilly and poor W riding on the back of the bike was seriously cold. It took some of the best sales pitches my wife and I have ever made but in the end they succumbed and stayed for dinner.  

Well this brings me up to the present. Today we get to disassemble the big table and get everything back to some sort of normal. I guess the next big gathering will be around Christmas when we have the family over for dinner.

Here are a few links for you. 

It's nice to see that my tax dollars aren't thrown away and are being used in a responsible fashion

Speaking of tax dollars I see another loophole is being closed. As I see it we have taxes taken off whatever we earn and the more we earn the more the tax load is plus tax is added to what ever we buy. If we rent a dwelling part of the rent goes to tax. If we buy or build a home that is taxed. If we live in a home there are property taxes to pay as well as land transfer taxes if we sell. Then there are the hidden taxes folded into the manufacturing of goods that are pass on to us. In sum cases we pay tax on taxes. I shudder to think about the amount of tax the various levels of government take out of the economy. It would be one thing if we were getting value for money spent but in some cases we are paying salaries to those who support oppressors.

At least here is one group who are voting with their feet regards the tax load in Ontario. 

OK now that I have made my self mildly anger I do believe I shall go out for a walk. Bye from up here North of Disorder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment