Monday, 31 October 2016

Monday...

I managed to roll out of be this morning mere seconds before my alarm would have gone off. This saved me from getting "the look" had the alarm went off and woke my wife. Then came the task of making myself look a little more human, getting dressed and getting the trash to the curb. I once again cheated the trash guys from the joy of waving at me as the pass by as has happened before.

Next on the list was getting the truck warmed up (hey I'm old and it was cold outside). Being the nice sweet guy I am while the truck was warming up I put on coffee for my wife and emptied the dishwasher. Tuck all comfy cozy I headed out to the lab so I could have the industrial vampires take a few quarts of my precious bodily fluids. 

Then it was off to the grocery store for some candy that I'm not supposed to eat (drat!) and a few other things. The accursed candy is to be given away tonight to the several local children for Halloween. Once I returned home I had a little breakfast and a cup of java. I would have eaten sooner but there is that whole "you can't eat for twelve hours before giving blood samples" thing. 

So here I sit at the personal confuser, sipping my java and chomping down cereal with all the fixings. After I'm done, the next item up for grabs on the to-do list will be taking off the screens and installing the interior storm windows.

Here are a few links for you...

I read this article earlier and I think the writer missed one facet of the problem. The writer, a she, says that the term "be a man" is toxic. Where she fails in this one dimensional article is in not dealing with the fact while boys are told to "be a man" a lot are never told how to be a man. 

Why? Because... Florida

Sadly as Yogi Berra once said "It ain't over until it's over." 


Having had the experience of being zapped by duties and brokerage fees, I feel there is a need for change. In my case a coat costing one hundred and ninety five bucks Canadian ended up, with all the extras, costing a little over four hundred which was silly. What a surprise to learn that I'm not alone in my feeling

Here is something to think about the next time you visit France on vacation

Well the coffee is gone and there are things that need to be done so I must leave. That is all from up here North of Disorder.




No comments:

Post a Comment