Monday, 24 October 2016

Monday musings

It's another one of those drab fall days. I woke up this morning to see that it had rained, the sky was grey and the leaves a washed out brown. Looking in the yard it doesn't seem like I mowed the lawn and mulched the leaves at all yesterday. Oh well, I'm going to do the mulch bit at least two more times of face the consequences in the spring.

Yesterday I also moved the snow blower up from the shed. When I added some fuel and tried to flash it up I found that I had made one mistake when I put it away in the spring. I had left some fuel in it and hadn't closed the fuel valve from the tank so now the line and possibly the carb are gummed up. I'm hoping some additive I put in the tank will clear this up but I know in a few days I will probable have to clear the line myself. I'm not looking forward to that.

This afternoon I have to do a little pick up because the gang is coming over tonight. Let me rephrase that, my wife's book club gang is coming over tonight. I asked my wife what the book for this month was and after she told me I looked it up. Like the other books they have read over the years this one has failed to raise any interest on my part. I guess that when it comes right down to it I'm a stick in the mud cultural infidel.

Here are a few links for you...

Have you ever felt like you were being watched? Well odds favour that you are under the microscope. While I don't have anything to hide there is the fact that 21% of the government employees who see this stuff will use it to their own advantage as will the companies who use this software.

So close and yet so far. One little province in Belgium will not back down on it's opposition to CETA so the deal is dead.  Once again the protectors of the weak and incompetent who cannot compete win.

That last major cyber attack the other day used a lot of the "Internet of things", all those devices to make your life easier by being controlled via the Internet. Well a Chinese company has stepped up and taken some of the responsibility. While they are recalling product to fix the passwords they also blame users for leaving the simple factory passwords on the devices.    

Nothing like getting into one of the toughest fights of your life and starting by leading with your face.

Once again I ask: why even lay criminal charges when with all sorts of evidence pointing to their guilt the judge let's the bad guys walk?

That's it for now from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment