Wednesday, 7 September 2016

TANSTAAFL

Yesterday was one of those late summer hot, hazy and humid days and today plans to be no better with the exception of possible thunderstorms this afternoon. I'm planning on doing a few low impact chores (changing a bulb in my wife's truck, etc.) and not much else. 

It'd been a good summer weather wise with the majority of days being sunny and hot. Yesterday I finally started to pay for the goodness of mother nature's gift of nice weather. It's the season of hay fever and according to the weathertainers it's gonna be a doozy and boy do I know it. Red puffy eyes, nose that runs like a tap, itchy/scratchy throat, thank you I got 'em all in spades. I take antihistamines but they can only do so much to relieve the symptoms. Then there are the side effects, always thirsty,  increased blood pressure, increased risk of glaucoma. Ah better living through better chemistry. I guess weather wise there really is no such thing as a free lunch (TANSTAAFL).

I just finished looking at the weather network for some relief in the heat and humidity. Looks like on September fifteenth somebody up stairs will throw a switch. The temperature drops to below normal and stays there until the end of the multi day forecast. That will be when I'll start to seriously deal with the preparations for winter hibernation. I only hope that once the temps drop there will be a serious frost to stop the plants pollinating.

Here for your enjoyment are a few links. Please forgive me there are not that many funny things happening these day so some of these links and commentary are political. 


I looked at this and my first thought was this can't be real, but you never know. One thing I do know is not to fly a drone in front of somebody teeing off even if that person is only eight years old. 

I see the British are taking a page out of "The Donald's" book of wall building.

Speaking of "The Donald," a short time ago a group of national security people wrote and signed a letter saying they would not support Trump.  Now we have a letter in support of Trump from no less than eighty eight generals.  What bothers me the most about this letter is one simple phrase:

...we support Donald Trump and his commitment to rebuild our military, to secure our borders, to defeat our Islamic supremacist adversaries and restore law and order domestically.

Seeing a group of senior military people write a letter with these five words "restore law and order domestically" scares the hell out of me.

This story smacks of the X-Files. Personally I would like to see someone shed some light on this subject. 

When you read this story you will ask yourself why. Then you will look at the mug shot, read what's on the tee shirt and think... oh ya.  

There are so many things wrong with this CNN article that all I will say is the author must be suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect

Last link... There, now that you have finished clapping... All I will say about this product is, where can I get some and shut up and take my money

Well that's it for today from my perch up here North of Disorder.


 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment