Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Quiet time

Yesterday was a nice day with the weather being perfect. A typical end of summer day. We went over to a friends place after being invited out. Dinner was steak with all the fixings hot off the grill done by a person who knows their way around a BBQ. 

This morning I was up and at 'em around ten since there isn't that much of a reason to roust myself any earlier. The grand expedition today, after I finish this, will be to the post office and the mailing of a very important package to a little girl in Europe. The contents that are so desperately needed are a pair of glasses. 

We are in September now and the quiet time has begun. Over the next few weeks I'll get on to the business of getting this old home ready for the onslaught of Mother nature. Right now there is no real urgency but I know the clock is ticking. The last thing I want is in the middle of a winter storm is to find I have forgotten something and I have to scramble. I really don't want to face being left in the dark, or food running low, or  the snowblower will not start and I can't get it fixed so we are trapped with two feet of snow in the driveway that this sixty two year old out of shape guy can't move. 

I'm not that worried, I have good neighbors who, I'm sure, would be willing to give us a hand just as I would for them but that's the very last resort. My thoughts for the up coming season all comes down to two things. First is the Seven P Principal. This, for those who have never heard of it, means: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. This promotes planning ahead and getting things done. The second is something I learned so long ago I have forgotten where I learned it, two is one and one is none. This is how one should look at storage of consumables that are high priority. So in the coming weeks we will be replenishing stocks of consumables and getting the house as ready as we can. 

Here are a few links for you that I have gleaned from the web. Please enjoy responsibly and remember there will be some political views so please try not to be offended. 


While I understand the need for revenge I also understand the need to target the right thing when acting out revenge. It appears this person hasn't learned the fine art of targeting when venting their wrath.

This I would file under the heading of Oops.

It looks like Bitcoin has finally made the big time with the "I want my stuff private" crowd and that's a good thing.

I guess that when moving to a new country with new mores some people will just be stuck in their old ways. I suspect these folks have never heard the old saying "when in Rome do as the Romans do." 

Oh my look at the time, got to run so that's all from me North of Disorder.



No comments:

Post a Comment