Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Parting is such sweet sorrow

The house is still now. My wife and I are the only ones up. The gaggle of guests are still in bed which will only last for short time. When the kids hear my wife in the shower they will burst out of their room then reluctantly their father, P, will lumber forth to greet this new day. 

Last night sleep was elusive for me and with the amount of times my wife was up, for her too. I know what her issue is, pain, but as for me who knows why my mind was generating the strange dreams it was.

I hear the kids stirring now and I know their dad will not be far behind. As for me I will have to end this entry quickly lest I face the onrush of children wanting to play with the personal confuser.

This morning the goals are simple, get the gang fed. Next comes the packing and the inevitable searching for lost little items which we already had a taste of last night at the Sister-in-law's. Then will come the short relaxing wait until it's time to go. The drive to the jet port down in the big city, one last coffee and the tears/hugs/laughter of the farewells.

Well I hear the little ones coming down the stairs so I have to run, wish me luck. From up here North of Disorder I bid you good day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment