Thursday, 11 August 2016

Oh what a silly bunt

Well don't I feel like a silly bunt. I finished yesterdays blog entry only to forget to publish it. If this is what growing older is going to be like I'm not sure I like it. Then again on the positive side one could say that everything old is new again. 

This fine day saw me up at the usual time after a toss an turn kinda night. We don't have AC and right now we are in the middle of a heat wave. One could say we have a little crotch pot cooking going on. 


Earlier I got to call my sister-in-law and wish her a  happy birthday. The poor thing has to work today. I can't feel too sorry for her or her husband, they live very well in cottage country employed in pretty good jobs that they like, so for them life is good. 

Tomorrow is that one day a year where I am reminded how things really are. There is a song titled Time by Pink Floyd. The last verse of this song in one of the most telling about aging:
Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.
Time is one of the most telling songs ever written about aging and it reminds me of my own situation. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my birth and like the protagonist in the song I too am one day older, one day closer to death.  

Anyway that's enough of my whining, at least for today, and on that cheery note here are a few links for you...

A few days ago I sent an email with a link over to Clair Wolfe about a security flaw with Android which gives hackers the ability to spy on you. Today I was looking at the links on her blog which were dealing with more privacy issues. Then while I was looking at news stuff I came across this story about how even vibrators are spying on you.

I see our esteemed leader Kathleen Wynne is in the news again. Ms Wynne (with the help of her predecessor Dalton) has managed to successfully make Ontario more in debt than Quebec. Meh, it's just a payment that the other overachievers are going to have to pay. As for me, I went Galt so I don't really care.

After reading all the stories by authors like Robert A Heinlein and Carl Bussjaeger I'm happy to see some progress in making space exploration, moon mining to be precise. In the near future if this "takes off" (pun intended), mining the moon and asteroids will certainly shake things up with those dirt side.  

The other day I posted a link about a police officer who shot and killed a seventy three year old librarian during a shoot/don't shoot exercise. Turns out that this isn't his first fuck up mistake. He has quit other police forces before over excessive force issues. You would think the recruiting people would do their due diligence and look at someones past records when they are looking to employ somebody.   

Well I've about had enough so that about raps it up from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment