Monday, 15 August 2016

Don't panic

The time has come for this typical guy to get off his butt and get things done around here. I have successfully managed to fritter away all but this day of lead time for the arrival of our guests. So once this blog is out it will be time to hit the big red panic button. In reality I've been here before  so it ain't no big deal. All this means is that today will be a long one. 

Today is the 15th of August which was the day that my dear departed Mother-in-law came into this world. It's funny but I miss her just like I miss my Father-in-law. Those two were better parents to me than my own were. This afternoon my wife and I will visit her resting place, leave her some flowers and cry a little the way we do every year. 

Here are a few links for you...

Remember when you were a little kid and sat too close to the TV? Remember how your mom would yell at you and tell you all about going blind?  Well friends it's worse than that

Since we are on the road down memory lane here is another one for you. Remember at work how your IT guy kept bugging you to change your password on a regular basis? Remember how you blew him off? Well here is a person who wishes desperately that she had listened.  Actually it's the whole group that wishes they had listened.

Thinking about computers and hackers and the issues involved here is another one to think about. What happens in a few years when you get into a driver-less car, punch in your destination card, feed in your credit card. The car drives away with you in the back and soon you find that you have been hijacked remotely

Here is a heist of gargantuan proportions and I for one would love to know how these guys are going to fence their stolen goods.

Have you ever watched a friend self destruct? That's the way I feel whenever I see stories like this and I'm seeing more and more of them. It saddens me greatly to see a great country devolving into third world status

Well the end has come for me from up here North of Disorder for today. It's now time for me to get some work done.


No comments:

Post a Comment