Friday, 26 August 2016

A moving experience

Today we were all up early. We were up by dawn's early light for breakfast and getting the crowd on the road. It's relocation day. Later we're off to my sister-in-law's place where our guests will spend a few days. It's kind of bitter sweet for us, I know we will see them over the next few days but I was just getting used to getting up at "oh my God it's early." They return to our humble abode on Tuesday for their last night. No we are not going to off them, they are home bound on Wednesday. 

Last night I was checking our some links while there was a lull in the action. I found a story about an app I use regularly, WhatsApp. Two years ago the owners of Facebook bought WhatsApp. At the time I saw news about this purchase I had a little trepidation but I didn't think too much about it because of two things. First when the announcement was made the two companies stated for the record that nothing would change regarding the privacy of users.
 
The second thing was that I'm stupid.

Stupid for actually entertaining the idea that a company would not be callous enough to treat it's customers like chattel. It was bad enough when I had to deal with FaceBook issues for using an adblocker, now to find out that WhatsApp is as bad as MS messenger regarding personal information privacy is a bit of a kick in the chops. Well at least I'm not alone in being pissed.

Now it looks like cash comes first and privacy comes second to the Facebook crowd. I know there will be some who read this blog and will think meh but the simple fact of life today is information is currency.  So now I'm on the hunt for anither messanger app that will not use my information as a bartering chip. The two biggest questions that I have to ask are who do I trust and who do they serve? 

OK enough already with the tinfoil hat stuff for this morning, here are a few links for you. 

I said it yesterday and I will say it again today... Change your password and run your antivirus and while I'm at it, stop downloading and running stuff you haven't scanned.

So it's dinner time and you feel like a little KFC however you don't feel like going out for it and they don't deliver. Oh what to do, what to do... Well you could always make your own and just for you here are the eleven secret herbs and spices. Yes the secret ain't so secret any more.   

Note to all those who come to our fair shores in search of a better life and end up driving a cab, you may want to think of a plan B because it looks like your days may be numbered. Sorry. 

When I was a kid one of the lessons that was beaten into imparted to me was to play nice. The reason for playing nice is twofold, civility is the grease that lubricates the gears of life's interactions and if you piss off somebody they may just do this.

Some times I have to simply stop and reread what had been written in a story because of the silliness that is involved. This is one of those stories... 

Oh dear me, look at the time... have to run. That's it for me from my outpost of sanity up here North of Disorder.
 




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment