Sunday, 24 July 2016

Yes I'm still here...

Last few days have been hotter than Hades. With the heat, I've been a little lethargic. Yesterday I was doing a very good impression of a koala bear except I wasn't stoned on eucalyptus leaves, I was flaked out because of the heat. The exception to laying around all day at home was a visit to a friends place and doing a little swimming. Yes I was...

Swimming with the wimmin...



As I was writing this epic one of the neighbors dropped in. Now I have an excuse for putting this blog out later today than I was going to. L is a very nice person who was a little concerned about my wife's welfare and, to a smaller degree, mine. Well we are still here so "it's all good."  Kidding aside it was a nice thoughtful gesture for L to stop by.  

Enough about my so called life, here are a few links that caught my eye this morning. 

The British Royal Navy is looking for a few good men who are grown up enough to be away from social media like Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter etc for three month stretches. This is the biggest hurdle facing recruiters these days who are looking to fill spaces on sub crews. I say bring back the press gangs...

With everything I'm seeing in the news these days about Pok​émon Go and the silliness of the players, I'm starting to think they should add another word to the name - away.  Just the other day some players wandered across the border into the US from Canada while playing with the predictable results. Then there is the story about a journalist who was caught playing Pok​émon Go during a State Department briefing on ISIS.

I was just reading in the BBC how it was an extraordinary first week for Boris Johnson. Meanwhile the French are showing their displeasure with him and his Brexit by making people wait and wait and wait... 

This little gizmo (a jet powered hoverboard) is really cool. After reading the story I got to thinking that if I had the coordination this would be a really cool thing to have. Sadly the American military thinks it would be a cool thing to have too. A military firm bought the company which means the hoverboard will never see the civilian market, damn. 

So ya wanna go to the states eh? Well if you were wanting to know where all the guns are so you can be safe ask no more... 

Well that's about it from me up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment