Monday, 18 July 2016

Times that try men's souls

Today I think (I hope) will be a good day because so far there hasn't been any serious catastrophes. I've just taken a look at Twitter and it's same old, same old. On the various news feeds it is also business as usual and I hope this lasts. Mind you seeing this story from Baltimore I don't know how long the peace will hold, but one can hope.

For us Canadians one of the most serious things that has happened in the last few days was with the servers that support Pokemon Go. The folks in IT flipped the switch and... the server crashed. Not exactly the best of starts but it could have been worse. There were no riots in the streets, no bloodshed, no beatings or shootings so I will not bitch about it. 

I don't know about you, kind reader, these days the news has been slowly grinding me down. How many stories about attempted political coups, violence in the streets, police shootings etc. can a person take before the news gets turned off. Don't get me wrong I like reading dystopian novels, I just don't like living them, even vicariously through the media. 

I don't think this media calm is going to last much longer, the American GOP convention is about to start. Yes the Donald Trump circus is in town and the tents are being raised. It should be an "interesting time" in Cleveland no matter what precautions are taken.

Just remember one thing when you are watching the news. When the  fecal matter hits the air moving device and you are looking for expert information that expert may not be as expert as you are led to believe

Well that's it from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment