Thursday, 21 July 2016

Thursday musings...

The fantasy - This is how I see myself
The reality -  Me ending up doing this, and not on purpose
Why do I punish myself? I've been looking online at bikes. I really, really want a bike of the vroom, vroom variety and I know I can't have one but of course I keep looking, hoping... Sigh... I should know better. There are two big reasons that I don't, and probably never will have a bike. The first reason is that I'm a responsible adult. OK I will pause for a moment to let you stop laughing and catch your breath... There better? Now as I was saying... The second reason was something one of my bike riding friends said to me. He looked me in the eye and told me that there were two kinds of bike riders. The first kind were the ones who have had accidents. Then he looked me closer in the eye and said that the second kind were the ones who haven't had accidents, yet. That one line struck a cord with me. The thought of my old body in a ditch or worse stuck in my mind. But I still look, I still dream.

Today the heat returns with the wave rolling in this afternoon. Tonight I shall once again be a cellar dweller. It's cool and quiet except for the inevitable cat springing up from the floor onto my guts around two or three in the morning. 

This afternoon I'm going to be out and about in the heat, It's time for a visit with the marquis de sade dentist. I shouldn't say that about them they are actually a good group. The last time (I hope) I had a root canal I almost fell asleep under the dentist's care. The other good thing is when we go to the dentist we always stop at a little German deli and stock up. 

Well enough about me here are some links for you.  

Here is a story that gave me pause. It is a story that should remind us all that there are no dangerous weapons just dangerous people as this octogenarian proved with a pound of bacon.  

Here is a little bit of information free of charge and worth every penny. If you ever find yourself in the position of needing the Police, before you call them step one is to put your pipebombs away. Remember the police are not a bomb maker's friend.

So you come home after a long day at the office. You hear some faint strange noises and figure it's probably mice. Then again maybe it's not mice at all, maybe it's...


So you want to go out and get a new ride but don't have the cash. Fair enough but when you do steal acquire your new ride might I suggest that you don't post the event on Snapchat.

Well that  is about all the time I have from up here North of Disorder.


No comments:

Post a Comment