Friday, 8 July 2016

Sad days indeed

Last night I was surfing around the web when I first came across news of the Dallas shooting. My first reaction was amazement that one could be so callous as to simple shoot someone in cold blood. My second reaction was one of stomach churning. You see I have friends who are police officers. Whenever I learn of a police officer being killed I think of them and how the officer down could have been a friend. Even now I find that I can't watch the shaky video footage of the shooter without feeling sick.

The shooter wanted to kill white cops in retribution for the two black folks who were shot by police this week, what a waste. The two blacks who were shot and killed by police this past week died because of stupidity not because of their color. From my limited understanding about police training, the standards across the US of A are very uneven in law enforcement. This results in less confident and competent officers on the street which is a very dangerous thing. If you look at the videos of Alton Sterling or Philando Castile what stands out is the improper gun handling. Just look at the St. Anthony police officer standing there with his gun trained on the dying Castile, his finger is still on the trigger when it should be on the frame of the gun. Add to this the tone of panic in his voice and together these, in my view, demonstrate a lack of competence.

Enough of this shooting talk, it's not doing my digestion any good. 

To all those who love and have doggy friends... Have you ever wondered why dogs love to ride in vehicles, heads out of windows and hair blowing in the wind? Well wonder no more good friends.  

Here is a story about the "best parents ever." After much trepidation their little girl "comes out of the closet" and lets them know she is gay. What's the reaction of mom and dad? They throw her a surprise party. I wish there were more people like these parents, the world would be a better place. 

Speaking of parties... If it were not for the fact I'm married, this one would be nice to attend. Yes good reader I have been doing my due diligence and keeping abreast of the world news,  just for you. 

OK one last party story. Remember if you are going to have a party have an epic party. Bosses love it when you do that, not

Sometimes when you get a little behind in your work it's not that serious. Then there are other times when you "get a little behind" in your work where the police get involved.    

A long time ago (and I do mean a long time ago) I learned that if it is too good to be true it usually isn't. That's a lesson this guy never learned before when a windfall dropped into his lap instead of asking why he blows most of it on a new car, hotel rooms, designer clothes, cocaine, vodka, and online gambling

Well I'm burning daylight here, it's time to get some stuff done. That's about all from me up here North of Disorder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment