Wednesday, 6 July 2016

Range day

It's been a busy morning so far. After a restless night my wife and I were up and out this morning. We did breakfast at this quint little diner that's been around since... well it's not a new place by any means. Picked up the stuff we needed at the drug store (ah, better living through better chemistry) did our grocery shopping and home. 

My Ruger Scout, I call her Vera... *
Now I'm off to "bust some caps" at the range I belong to. The firearm that I will be bringing is called a Ruger Scout rifle. Note, for those who hate guns you can shut down this blog now before your eyes get completely glazed over. The rifle has a long eye relief scope on it as opposed to a regular scope so the operator can also keep track of whats going on around him. The scope is mounted on a quick release base so it there is a problem with it the scope can be removed in a hurry. There is also a set of iron sights as backup for the scope. To all this is added a ten round magazine and a sling for a package that one can use very effectively.

Well I'm off, pray for me... That's it from me up here North of Disorder.  

* For those poor unfortunate folks who don't get the Vera reference it's from an old TV show call Firefly. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment