Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

After a restless night with several nasty dreams, I'm up. Up later than I would like to be but up nevertheless. I wonder what's bugging my "hind brain" these days. I call my sub conscious my hind brain because it hides in the back, shrinking from the light of day.  Well somethings up and it's making me loose sleep. At one point last night I woke myself up from a dream that involved spiders... I hate spiders... The term arachnophobia fails to do justice to the way I feel about them. Well at least I got some sleep and I'm up now. 

The day looks to be another nice one. My significant other has to go to the semi big city this afternoon so I will be working around here. I will get the lawn done (finally) and a few other tasks but I ain't going to push it. 

Even PM Trudeau had a good time at Pride
Last weekend the Pride Parade took place in Toronto. I personally didn't go, being a straight guy I figure it's not my party. Seeing it on the news, the revellers looked like they had a lot of fun and fun is a major part of this celebration. With the track record around the world of how various governments have dealt with and are still dealing with gays, I'm happy for their community and proud of the way my fellows accept them. It was a good gathering full of fun and frolic with one exception.

BLM list of demands
There are a group of radicals who call themselves Black Lives Matter (BLM) who chose this event to make their presence known.They feel that because they are of a different ethnicity they are picked on. I will not address that issue because there are just to many variables, to many media manipulating spin doctors at work to figure out who is right and who is wrong. One thing the BLM folks managed to do however was drive a huge wedge between the Toronto Police and the Pride community. 

The BLM folks staged a sit in and stopped the Pride Parade in it's tracks for half an hour. BLM organisers forced the organisers to sign their decoration of demands to get the parade moving. It issue here is demand number eight, to exclude police for participating in Pride. This has the police rank and file, straight and gay alike pissed. I think next year the police may not be as forgiving and lenient as they have been in the past or at least those who volunteer for the paid duty or don't book off sick for this event. Christie Blatchford's commentary says it much better than I ever could. Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Well that's all I have for you for now from up here North of Disorder. 

  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment