Thursday, 28 July 2016

Not happy at all with the service...

This morning I got one of "those calls..." It was from the customer service folks over at LG wanting to spring a survey on me regarding the recent repair of my vacuum. The questions brought all the memories rushing back about how the CSR's at LG didn't know their product, directed me to contact repair shops that were out of business. Then there was the dealing with the guys who did the repairs and the shoddy way I was treated there. I remember how I dealt with customers while working at the zoo. If I had treated them the way I was treated, I would have been terminated. 

OK enough of this, these memories are starting to get me worked up so it's time to move along.  

Our kitty is back to normal. Last night I turned in at the regular time and gave her royal highness some treats and played with her for a bit then the world faded to black and I slept. While I slept I'm sure my mischievous little fuzz ball was plotting a little revenge. Sure enough around an hour later she sprang onto the bed then onto my side where there are already issues. One thing our cat knows very well is the adage revenge is a dish best served cold.  I can't close the door because the result would be a night of caterwauling and to leave the door open (as I do) there are the nighttime visits. Sigh... I love my cat...  I love my cat... I love my cat... I love my cat...

Here are a few links for you.

One of the sites I look at very regularly is The Art of Manliness. It is a site that I recommend because of all the insights that I have gotten there over the years. Take today's post, it is titled 50+ Old Fashioned Insults We Should Bring Back. I guess that I'm old because I still use some of these. 

After reading this about how people are now naming babies after Pokemon characters I am slowly starting to fear for the future of humanity. It's rather ironic that the late author Robert Heinlein described these times in several books, calling it "the crazy years."  

I'm a little disappointed, there was a way of thinning out the Pokemon fools in Japan and now they are changing things to make the game safer. Now I ask you, where's the fun in that?  

It's a long way away until the circus that is the US elections ends in November. As a public service announcement here are a few ways to survive the internet until then

The moral to this story is if you are going to "acquire" photos on the internet and sell them as yours, it would be a good thing not to try and shake down the actual photographer for cash who still owns the copyright to those photos. 
 
And speaking of copyright enforcement, it looks like the Olympic committee has gone a little overboard.  

Here is one of those stories that makes a person go hummm... Not the "hummm... he stinks" variety but the "hummm... could this be real?" variety. All I have to say is "Time travelers, strictly cash."

Have you ever wondered how many folks believe what they see/read in comics and  movie/TV shows could happen? Given how many are afraid of Superhuman Tech I suspect more than you think.

Last but never least, here is an article that will make sure you never look at kinder eggs the same way again. 

Well enough of this, until the morrow that's all from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment