Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Just another day

Yesterday I went out to the vet's in the late afternoon and picked up our cat. After settling up with the vet (ouch!) I brought Puttie Tat home. Of course on the way there were the kitty meowed accusations asking how I could have done this to her. The big difference was the  drugs which were still coursing through her system and hadn't totally worn off. When I got my little cargo home and opened the crate she hesitated a second before stepping out, probably wondering what fresh hell awaited her. 

It took a while before she trusted my wife (the innocent party) or me (the rat bastard who caused all the world's pain and suffering) enough to come over and say hi. In the end she did come around, at least to my wife. Me, she just ignored. I was just the so and so who caused all the issues. 

I had to laugh, when I turned in for the night she came up, sat on the bed and said one little meow. Then she simply sat there, not coming close enough for me to pet just close enough for me to toss her some treats. 

Every night when I turn in  I like to make peace with her majesty for the transgressions I have made towards her during the day. I give her some Danegeld in the form of treats. In the past this would give me a fighting chance at some sleep before she decided it was time for us to play. Not tonight, this was her way of demanding tribute for the indignation I had put her through. Oh well at least on the plus side she didn't roust me at oh-my-God it's early. 

Here are a few links for you since I was negligent in adding them yesterday. 

It was nice to see that the Liqueur Control board of Ontario has come into the twenty first century. Now you can mail order your booze and for a moderate price have your hooch delivered to your door. 

The Solar Impulse finally ended it's year long flight around the world. Yes there were a few setbacks but they made it. While it is really cool that they managed to fly around the world using only the power of the sun, I don't thing the aircraft manufacturers and airlines have that much to worry about given it took a year to circle the globe.

These guys simply will not give up. First they campaign on a body of untruths and manage to get Keystone killed. Not content with that, now they have started a new offensive to get Energy East ended

He's back in action, Matt Damon as Jason Bourne is set to hit the big screen on the twenty ninth of July. I still remember the first time I read the Jason Bourne novels by Robert Ludlum. In each case I was screwed for reading anything else of that genre for months because the other authors were just lacking... While the movies have very little to do with the books in their own way they ain't too bad either.

Here for you is a public service announcement, when a dog owner tells you not to try and pert his dog after you have asked, don't try and pet the dog. The dog may just not like to be petted and take offense

In case you were wondering, this is called an overshoot.

OK enough of this, things to do, places to go etc... That's it from me up here North of Disorder.

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment