Saturday, 30 July 2016

It's the long weekend...

The long weekend is upon Ontario, and not just us. Our Monday holiday in Ontario is Simcoe Day however in other parts of Canada they have B.C. Day, Regatta Day, Saskatchewan Day, Natal Day, New Brunswick Day, Heritage Day, Colonel By Day, Joseph Brant Day. So with the exception of those party poopers in Quebec, it's party weekend.

We started our long weekend as we do every two weeks with cocktails on the deck. I started with a glass of a very nice twelve year old Irish whiskey with just a touch of water. Red Brest is a whiskey that I highly recommend. It tastes great and is less filling. Then I moved on to some wine. Our guest wanted some wine and had only a glass, well with a mostly full bottle and my nature of not wanting to wast good wine... Hey it was a Malbec.  Add to all this, my wonderful wife visited the farmers market yesterday and came home with several vodka donuts. They are like German Berliners but the filling is a creamy substance infused with vodka. So good doesn't begin to describe how these taste. 

I was up this morning early, without a hangover I might add. I was not exactly feeling any pain when I hit the rack last night and so I slept. Now as I sit here writing this entry the two little bastards on my left side are letting me know they are there and are making up for the fact I managed to sleep last night. One more week until the CT scan then hopefully I can be shut of these little monsters. 

Well that's enough of my whining, so here are a few links. 

 Hey have you notice some changes with the weather? Well it may not be global warming after all.

Next time you go for a stroll in the woods think about this and don't let it freak you out too much.  Mind you if you love plants and trees it will not bother you at all.

Here is an article that just makes me shake my head. Only in the United States would a person consider doing this. Why? Because Florida. 

So if you want a free tank of gas just visit this gas station in Russia wearing high heels and a two piece swimsuit. Male or female, it don't matter. 

Have you ever wondered what you would do with a three million lottery win? I guess that some peoples dreams are different than others

And on that note I shall end this entry. That's all from up here North of Disorder.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment