Friday, 22 July 2016

It's alive!!!

I just got back from the Doctor's office and it's a good news, bad news story. The good news is it looks like I'm going to be around for a while and the bad news (for some) is that it looks like I'm going to be around for a while. On the plus side when I whined about the kidney stones that have yet to be dealt with, the Doc did give me some recommendations for pain management. Ah better living through better chemistry. I can't help but think how I have screwed the pooch on this, when I learned the issue was a pair of kidney stones I should have thanked the Doctor then went to emergency and had them deal with it. Oh well, you live and learn or you don't live long. 

Today is shaping up to be another scorcher with temps up in the eighties and humid index values in the nineties. While it's like this, I don't think that I shall be doing any serious work. I know, any excuse in a storm, sigh. 

So here are a few links for you...

It's summertime and the living is easy with the only real issue for most being mosquitoes. Well good news everyone, scientists have discovered a sure fire way to repel the little bastards. The first step is to buy a live chicken...

From North Korea there are reports that the government up there has started to send out batches of numbers over the radio once again. As I see it this is a attempt to do one of three things; give instructions to sleeper agents, mess with the minds of South Korean officials or Kim Jong-un has taken up bingo. Personally my bet is with the bingo option.

Looks like somebody isn't happy with the way the city of Toronto is these days. All I gotta say is, don't hold back.

This month is a sad one for those who still like VCR's. The end of this month will mark the end of VCR production. My only question about this is who the hell has been buying enough VCR's to warrant production until now?  

Soon the Olympics will be in full swing. With all the issues about mosquito born viruses and such this little story has crept in under the radar. Jousting. Yes there is a move afoot to introduce this sport in to  the games. Personally I'm all for it, one can only watch so much track and field or water polo. So get out there and sign this petition and get a serious full contact equestrian sport in the games. Equestrian Meets Combat, sure doesn't get a lot better than that.

Well that's all for me from up here North of Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment